Penultimate round of the 2016 Aussie Racing Cars Championship Series
The penultimate round of the 2016 Aussie Racing Cars Championship Series takes place at Sydney Motorsport Park this weekend, before they head off to New Zealand for the remaining races.
A huge 40-car entry has been confirmed for the September 17-18 meeting and for the first time this year, will not be on the Virgin Australia Supercar Championship program. This time the Aussie Cars will headline the NSW CAMS State Racing Championships.
The event will have nine different categories competing with over 250 cars on track. The Aussie Racing Cars will occupy the first ten garages on pit lane and spectators are encouraged to drop in for a closer look and meet the team members and drivers.
The 2016 season has seen many winners, and hard-fought, side-by-side and nose-to-tail encounters have translated to very close pack racing and one of the tightest series contests to date.
Leading the points at this stage is James Duckworth with a slender seven-point margin over Craig Woods and a further two points to last round winner Kel Treseder. One mistake could have a huge bearing on how the championship could play out, so all the contenders will be looking to make the most of their four races.
Updates and images over this weekend will be on the Aussie Racing Cars’ Facebook page and via their website. In addition there will be live broadcasts on Facebook using the LIVE facility – and emanating from the pits and the track.
The current series points standings are:
- Outright – James Duckworth (196pts), Craig Woods (189pts), Kel Treseder (187pts).
- Masters Cup – Grant Ludbey (200pts), Ben Walsh (198pts), Grant Thompson (189pts).
- Gold Cup – Brendon Tucker (202pts), Glenn McNamara (198pts), Jeff Watters(197pts).
- Rookies – Kel Treseder (202pts), Zac Best (192pts), Harley Haber (180pts).
- Ladies – Emma Clark (200pts), Ruth Bowler (197pts) Charlotte Poynting (153pts).
- Teams – Western Sydney Motorsport (198pts), The Torque Team (196pts), Sean Rose Motorsport (195pts).